Next on the Exec of the Week list is Zara, our VP of Finance. Learn more about the one who controls our numbers.
1. What is your name? Zara Satti
2. What year are you in and what is your major? I am in third year and I am majoring in Finance.
3. Why did you choose to join the NMSA? I chose to join NMSA because its objective is to educate and ease the transition between academic and professional activities for those interested in the Marketing Industry. While education is important, universities fail in teaching students the soft skills required to land one’s dream job which NMSA excellently teaches through its various workshops and events. As such, I am truly grateful in having the ability to help others towards achieving their ideal career paths.
4. Are you ready for this questionnaire? I really hope so.
5. It’s a very hot and muggy day. You desperately want something very cool and refreshing to quench your thirst and revitalize your body. What would you drink — either make your own or store-bought. Passion Tango Tea Lemonade from Starbucks. You get free refills!
6. If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want? One where I could get paid to sleep, watch TV shows and browse the internet all day. However, as I am quite sure this job does not exist, I’d like to learn how to become a brilliant investor so that I can make a lot of money and then hopefully get to the point where I can do the above for the remainder of my life.
7. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why? If you already play an instrument(s), what do you play and why? I’d love to learn how to play a violin because it sounds so beautiful.
8. What article of clothing could you not live without? Hoodies, they’re so comfortable and warm!
9. What is your favorite season and why? My favourite season would be summer. I love being warm!
10. Name your favorite children’s story. Double Fudge by Judy Blume.
11. Based on something you’ve already done, how might you make it into the Guinness Book of World Records? For being extremely indecisive. If you were sitting beside me while I was trying to answer this question you’d see how true this statement is.
12. Have you been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who? I have a habit of cutting my hair really short so I remember being told once that I looked like the villain from No Country for Old Men. It wasn’t a compliment.
13. What kind of music do you like? Anything which sounds nice to the ears.
14. If you could snap your fingers and appear somewhere else, where would you be? In a luxurious island resort getting pampered.
15. Crunchy Peanut Butter or Smooth? It’s not peanut butter without the crunch.
16. If you had to be handcuffed to one person for an entire month, who would it be? Gordon Ramsey. I’d get delicious meals three times a day for a month!
17. What is your favorite holiday? The summer holidays since they’re the longest.
18. What is your biggest fear or phobia? Being in a room with snakes.
19. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why? Warren Buffet so that I can learn tips on how to invest effectively.
20. What is your favourite movie? Up
21. Are you a morning or night person? Definitely a night person.
22. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? The ability to see what impact my choices will have on my future because that way I could easily decide the best path to ensure I achieve my goals.
23. What’s your pet peeve? Hearing other people chew while I’m watching a movie or show. The sound drives me insane.
24. If you were an animal, what would you be and why? A whale because not only would I be able to see travel all over the ocean, I would basically have no predators so I could live a relaxing, risk free life under the sea.
25. Please insert shameless twitter/instagram/linkedin plug here: