With great creativity comes great quirkiness. First up on our Exec of the Week series is Shakeel, our Director of Web and Graphic Design.
- What is your name? Shakeel
- What year are you in and what is your major? 3rd year BBA in marketing.
- Why did you choose to join the NMSA? I can help a new club expand and reach hundreds of students at York.
- Are you ready for this questionnaire? Let’s do it!
- It’s a very hot and muggy day. You desperately want something very cool and refreshing to quench your thirst and revitalize your body. What would you drink — either make your own or store-bought. Mango bubble tea with extra bubbles.
- If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want? Any job where I can create the next big ad that everyone meme’s and parody’s.
- If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why? If you already play an instrument(s), what do you play and why? If I had to pick, it would be drums, just so I can let loose and start smashing stuff.
- What article of clothing could you not live without? Pants and shirt, I have a hairy body.
- What is your favorite season and why? Winter, I hate bees.
- Name your favorite children’s story. If I had to pick, it would be the ones that you can prove a point with, no one can argue with a children’s story.
- Based on something you’ve already done, how might you make it into the Guinness Book of World Records? For being overly loyal or trustworthy. If you give me a glass of water, I feel I am forever in your debt.
- Have you been told you look like a celebrity? If so, who? Sean Kingston and Shaquille O’neal, a bunch of times and I think you can tell why.
- What kind of music do you like? The kind that makes you want to jump out of a plane.
- If you could snap your fingers and appear somewhere else, where would you be? The beach, the water is so relaxing.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter or Smooth? I don’t eat peanut butter, hate the way it sticks to the inside of my mouth.
- If you had to be handcuffed to one person for an entire month, who would it be? Jason Statham. Favourite action star. He might give me some pointers on how to be awesome.
- What is your favourite holiday? Any with no class.
- What is your biggest fear or phobia? I fear being smelly or having bad breath, I constantly put on cologne and brush my tongue.
- If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why? CEO of EA Andrew Wilson. One, because I’m a huge gamer. Two, he is trying to turn a hated company around. Based on the amount of stubborn friends I have, that is difficult.
- What is your favourite movie? Toss up between Inception and Avengers.
- Are you a morning or night person? Night.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? Never get tired, hate feeling lazy.
- What’s your pet peeve? Feeling lazy.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why? A lion, they’re kinda cute. A bear and gorilla would be my other choices, same reason.
- Please insert shameless twitter/instagram/linkedin plug here:
Let me explain the ‘saint.’ I’m a very big gamer. So I really like Saints Row. That’s where it comes from.